COVID-19 Vaccination Programme
The vaccination programme continues to be rolled out nationwide.
Over the coming weeks and months, everyone in Ireland who is eligible will be able to receive a free COVID-19 vaccine from the HSE. The vaccine is bringing hope to our communities, reducing infections, illness and deaths among people who are vaccinated. Over 1.6 million doses of the vaccine have been administered in Ireland and the more people who get vaccinated, the better it will be….for us all.
For updates and information on each of the vaccine allocation groups, and when and where they’ll be invited for their vaccine, please visit www.hse.ie/rollout.
Who can register today
We’re inviting people aged 56 to register today (Friday, 7th May).
If you’re aged 57-69 and you haven’t registered yet, please register for your COVID-19 vaccine online or on the phone.
Register online to get a COVID-19 vaccine.
Read the user guide for help with registering online.
If you cannot register online, you can call the COVID-19 helpline at 1850 24 1850 to register by phone.
Who can register next
If you are aged:
• 55 – register on Saturday 8th May, or any time after.
• People aged 50 to 54 will be invited to register from Sunday 9th May.
We’re asking people to register on specific days to help us manage the demand. This will make it easier for everyone to register.
Groups currently being vaccinated
The groups currently being vaccinated against COVID-19 are:
• people aged 65 years and older who live in long-term care facilities (Group 1)
• frontline healthcare workers (Group 2)
• people aged 70 and older living in the community (Group 3)
• people aged 16 to 69 who are at very high risk (Group 4: 234,000 people at very high risk of severe COVID-19 due to an underlying condition have now received a first dose)
• people aged 65 to 69, including those at high risk (Groups 5 and 6)
• people aged 16 to 64 who are at high risk (Group 7)
You can read more about these vaccine allocation groups in the “Vaccination progress updates” section available here.
Where to find COVID-19 Vaccination Information
We encourage everyone to read about the COVID-19 vaccine and to get their information from a factual, trusted source – here are the links to the path information on the vaccine:
• Check hse.ie/covid19vaccine for information about the vaccine
• Find the vaccine information materials at www.hse.ie/covid19vaccinematerials
• Details on getting the COVID-19 vaccine is updated regularly here
A video on the COVID-19 vaccination centres, and what to expect on the day of your vaccine, is available here.
How COVID-19 Vaccines Work video
A video on how COVID-19 Vaccines Work is available here.