Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator
35 hours per week for an initial period to 31st August 2021
The role of the Volunteer Centre Co-ordinator is to support the work of Longford Community Resources Clg in encouraging and developing volunteerism in County Longford. The purpose of the post is to develop the Volunteer Centre as a viable resource for voluntary and community groups and volunteers and to promote and assist volunteerism through recruitment of new volunteers, support existing volunteers and identify volunteering opportunities.
The successful candidate will have:
• At least 3 years experience, in a professional capacity, of working with community and/or voluntary groups is essential.
• A relevant third level qualification is desirable.
• An excellent understanding of community development and social inclusion.
• A commitment to equality, human rights and social inclusion.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and motivational skills.
• Extensive staff and project management experience.
• Excellent planning, report writing, evaluation and computer skills.
• A full clean Driving Licence and access to own transport.
Commencement of employment is subject to successful completion of Garda Vetting. A probationary period will apply.
For a full job description and application form for the position please contact Martina on 043-3345555. Closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 11th December 2020. Late applications will not be accepted and canvassing will disqualify. Shortlisting for interview will apply and a panel may be formed.
Longford Community Resources Clg is an equal opportunities employer