21 hours per week for an initial period to 31st December 2022
(Spread over 3-5 Days)
Note: The initial period of employment may be extended beyond 31st December 2022 subject to funding.
Working with the coordinator and staff, the volunteer support worker will facilitate the effective recruitment and support of volunteers across County Longford and support them to access suitable and quality volunteering roles. The volunteer support worker will also engage with voluntary and community groups in the county to both develop, support and maintain the availability of a wide variety of roles for volunteers.
The successful candidate will have:
- Previous experience, in a professional capacity, of working with community and/or voluntary groups or have experience in a similar field.
- An understanding of the roles of Volunteer Centres, Volunteer Ireland and Local Development Companies and have an understanding of community development and social inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organisational and motivational skills.
- Excellent planning, report writing, evaluation and computer skills.
- A relevant 3rd level qualification is desirable. (Note: candidates with previous relevant work experience will also be considered in lieu of relevant qualifications).
- A full clean Driving Licence is desirable. (Note: candidates with a current provisional licence may be considered if owrking towards gaining a full licence). and access to own transport.
Commencement of employment is subject to successful completion of Garda Vetting. A probationary period will apply.
For a full job description and application form for the position please contact Martina on 043-3345555. Closing date for applications is Tuesday 11th October at 4pm. Late applications will not be accepted and canvassing will disqualify. Shortlisting for interview will apply and a panel may be formed.
Longford Community Resources Clg is an equal opportunities employer.