One full-time (35 hours/week) and one part-time (17.5 hours/week) Community Worker with our pilot Community Development Programme
(re-advertisement, previous applicants need not re-apply)
Longford Community Resources Clg is one of only seven organisations who are implementing the new Three Year Pilot Community Development Programme nationally. This is an exciting opportunity for Community Development Workers to be part of the development of this new programme.
The role of both Community Workers will be to implement Longford Community Resources Clg new Community Development Project and contribute to the objectives of the Pilot Community Development Programme to:
- develop community development responses to a range of social, economic and environmental concerns facing New Communities and Roma living in Co. Longford.
- facilitate an empowering collaborative approach to building relationships and undertake cooperative initiatives between New Communities, Roma and mainstream services and decision-making bodies
- showcase and profile the benefits of an autonomous approach to community development in relation to issues facing New Communities and Roma in Co. Longford.
- network with the other six pilot CDP projects
The Community Workers will use community work approaches and methodologies based on the All Ireland Standards for Community Work.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or higher in community development.
- A commitment to equality, human rights and social inclusion.
- Experience of working with Ethnic Minorities or other socially excluded communities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent planning, report writing, evaluation and computer skills.
- A full clean Driving Licence and access to own transport.
Commencement of employment is subject to successful completion of Garda Vetting. A probationary period will apply.
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Wednesday 9th February 2022. Late applications will not be accepted and canvassing will disqualify. Shortlisting for interview will apply and a panel may be formed.
Click links below for:
Longford Community Resources Clg is an equal opportunities employer.