Part-time Community Outreach Support Worker with the pilot Community Development Programme
(17.5 hours per week)
The role of the Community Outreach Support Worker will be to implement Longford Community Resources Clg Community Development Project and contribute to the objectives of the Community Development Programme to:
- develop community development responses to a range of social, economic and environmental concerns facing New Communities and Roma living in Co. Longford.
- facilitate an empowering collaborative approach to building relationships and undertake cooperative initiatives between New Communities, Roma and mainstream services and decision-making bodies.
- showcase and profile the benefits of an autonomous approach to community development in relation to issues facing New Communities and Roma in Co. Longford.
The Community Outreach Support Worker will use community work approaches and methodologies based on the All Ireland Standards for Community Work.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree or higher in community development.
- A commitment to equality, human rights and social inclusion.
- Experience of working with Ethnic Minorities or other socially excluded communities.
- Fluency in Slovakian or Roma, and a good knowledge of the Roma community.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent planning, report writing, evaluation and computer skills.
- A full clean Driving Licence and access to own transport.
Commencement of employment is subject to successful completion of Garda Vetting. A probationary period will apply.
Closing date for applications is 4pm on Friday 14th January 2022. Late applications will not be accepted and canvassing will disqualify. Shortlisting for interview will apply and a panel may be formed.
Click links below for:
Job Description for Community Outreach Support Worker
Application Form for Community Outreach Support Worker
Longford Community Resources Clg is an equal opportunities employer.