The Empowering Communities Programme (ECP) is a new initiative being implemented by Longford Community Resources which will use a community development approach to address social exclusion and the impacts of poverty in specific geographic areas.
Longford Community Resources wish to recruit a Community Engagement Worker working 35 hours per week for an initial period to 31st December 2023, who will strengthen, develop, and facilitate relationships between the existing community stakeholders, and between community groups and statutory agencies and structures with the aim of addressing exclusion and lack of meaningful and effective engagement between the community and local services. The Community Engagement Worker will be responsible for ensuring that the core work of ECP is informed by and driven by the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3rd level qualification (e.g., Degree) or equivalent in Community Development
- 3 years’ experience of engaging with disadvantaged communities
- Experience of delivering community development approaches, local needs analysis, planning and addressing social exclusion issues.
- Experience in implementing and delivering projects with a defined timeline and work plan.
- A commitment to equality, human rights and social inclusion.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent planning, report writing, evaluation and computer skills.
- A full clean Driving Licence and access to own transport.
Commencement of employment is subject to successful completion of Garda Vetting. A probationary period will apply.
For a full job description and application form for the position please contact Martina on 043-3345555. Closing date for applications is 4pm Friday 9th December 2022. Late applications will not be accepted and canvassing will disqualify. Shortlisting for interview will apply and a panel may be formed.
Interviews are planned to take place during the week commencing 19th December 2022.
Longford Community Resources Clg is an equal opportunities employer